I love spicy food! I preferably want my spicy food so spicy that it feels like my mouth is on fire. For instance, the best part about eating sushi for me is to put a big chunk of wasabi on my bite and feel the kick when your nose starts to burn all of a sudden. Is that weird? Or am I maybe just weird…
Anyhow! I discovered Siracha sauce not so long ago and my god how I love it! Now I put Siracha on everything, and I’m not even kidding! I made the recipe for these Siracha Pulled Chicken sandwiches a few months ago and shared them with my followers on Instagram but I also wanted to share the recipe here on my blog for all of those who love spicy food as much as I do.
They are super quick and easy to make, and you can even use pre-cooked or left-over chicken to make it even easier. That’s what I do.
Here is the recipe for my Siracha Pulled Chicken sandwich:
- 1/2 cup Sriracha sauce
- 3/4 cup honey (you can add more or less if you want to)
- 1 og 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 50 g. melted butter
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (you can add more or less if you want to)
- Whole roasted chicken
- Lime to squeeze over the burger
- Mix together the Sriracha sauce, the honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds and the melted butter.
- Pull the chicken apart.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and mix together.
- Put the chicken into a baking pan.
- Heat the oven to 180°C and cook the chicken until the tops are brown.
- Serve on toasted Brioche bread with slices of lime. Squeeze the lime over the chicken before consuming. You can of course skip the lime but it does a lot for the sandwich.
If you try the recipe for these Siracha Pulled Chicken Sandwiches, be sure to tag me on Instagram so I can get to see your creation. You will find me under @rannveigbelle.